Thursday, March 26, 2009

Looking for Glass Tile

I've spent the last four weeks looking for red glass tile for a client. Not just ANY red glass tile. It had to be 5/8" x 5/8" at 8mm thick. My choice, not my client's. Little did I know that this tile simply does not exist anywhere in the universe. I can find the size I need in every other possible color combination...solids, mixed, glass with stone, clear glass, frosted glass, tumbled glass, but alas...no red.

The plus side of all this is that I have a client who is willing to trust me, who let's me push the envelope and go for something daring and different. I tried to talk him out of the red since it can't be found (and 1" x 1" doesn't work...grout line is too thick), but he wouldn't budge. He has fallen in love with the idea of red and reminded me that it was MY suggestion! :)

So, I'm back to searching, googling, calling for and dreaming about 5/8" x 5/8" 8mm thick red glass tile. And looking forward to the next challenge of finding something that doesn't exist.

Until next time,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment