Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Next Step

I'm a very driven person. I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about my business and asking myself a lot of questions like...What have I accomplished so far? What direction do I go next? What are the next steps toward expanding? How can I serve more people at once?

I love my career and every day, every home, every client is a different challenge. It keeps me on my toes and makes my life interesting. But for some reason, I want more.

There's a lot of information floating around in my head about appliances, tile, countertops, safety codes and more and I'm frustrated that I'm only sharing my knowledge with one client at a time. So I find myself trying to figure out the best way to share all this knowledge and experience I have.

Do I make informational videos? A radio show? An internet television show? A published book? An e-book? All of the above?

And, of course, the next question is "Does anyone care?" I believe they do. I meet a lot of people every day and when they find out what I do, the first response I hear is "Where were you two years ago when I was building my house?" or "I wish we had known you before we began remodeling our home!" And as much as I've researched, I haven't found anyone else sharing the kind of information I want to share.

Off the top of my head I made a list of topics I could easily turn into 10 to 20 minute conversations. My list was 62 items long. I think I could come up with that many more with a little bit of thought put into it. So perhaps all this information floating around in my head will someday soon become a tangible way to make building or remodeling a home simpler. Less complicated. Less stressful. More cost-efficient. More time-efficient. More fun.

Stay tuned. Maybe my goal of world domination in the residential construction industry isn't so far fetched.

Until next time,

RenovateKate

www.renovatekate.com
www.twitter.com/renovatekate

No comments:

Post a Comment